HV Component Testing
High voltage component testing is an integral part of ensuring quality and long life cycles of a complete electrical circuit. With today’s voltage levels being pushed higher and higher, it is crucial for component manufactures to meet high voltage testing requirements to avoid failures after the equipment is installed into an electric system. High voltage tests are commonly done before and after a product has been installed onsite, as well as during type testing for R&D purposes. The most common tests that manufactures perform are AC and or DC hipot tests. The test involves applying an AC or DC voltage to the test object and holding that voltage for a specified time period (usually a short test). Leakage current is measured and if the insulation in the component does not fail then generally that component passes this portion of high voltage tests. This will help confirm the quality of the insulation and will provide data that the product will withstand equal or greater voltage stresses compared to the electric system it will be installed in. There are many other tests done for quality and for preventative maintenance purposes. These tests include power factor, insulation resistance and partial discharge testing. HIPOTRONICS offers the largest variety of component testing equipment on the market. We can provide the necessary high voltage test equipment for all component manufacturers and service/maintenance companies. From testing connectors to other specialized components we have a high voltage solution for you.
AC Hipot Testing
- HVT Series: Our portable AC hipot systems, used for AC tests on bucket trucks, switchgear, electrical safety equipment, and a range of other utility applications.
- HD100 Series: Our HD100 Series is a perfect solutions for high voltage testing that require both AC and DC voltages. Various voltages ranges and a bench top enclosure make this product line a perfect choice for hipot testing.
- 700 Series: Our 700 Series AC dielectric test systems are designed for a wide range of voltage, current, and power ratings to meet many different high voltage component testing requirements.
DC Hipot Testing
- 800 Series: HIPOTRONICS offers a full line of DC hipots that can be used for testing various electric components. The 800 Series DC hipot testers are portable and can easily be moved from jobsite to jobsite.
- HD100 Series: Our HD100 Series is a perfect solutions for high voltage testing that require both AC and DC voltages. Various voltages ranges and a bench top enclosure makes this a product line a perfect choice for hipot testing components.