Hubbell’s Quick Ship Program Keeps Your Project On Track
Utilities are pushing for optimal uptime and avoiding unplanned costs. They are stretched in managing inventory that keeps the line up and running, and there isn’t always time to wait for products to be delivered. To help with those just-in-time projects, Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. (HPS) provides a Quick Ship program for critical substation connectors, enclosures and ground sets.
HPS invested more than $700k in our facility in order to be able to respond quickly to your emergency needs. Our Quick Ship program for substation connectors is designed to ship over 80% of our connectors in 5 days or less, and we have achieved a 100% on time shipment metric since this rapid shipment program started in 2015. Next time your substation project calls for a quick fix, trust HPS connectors to get your product there when you need it.
The HPS Substation Connectors QuickShip program is currently committed to manufacturing and shipping product out of the facility in 10 business days or less for approved QuickShip product. This adjustment in shipment days will be in place until Q12020 at which point it will return to the standard of 5 days or less for most product and 9 days or less for product that must be tin plated.
There are two primary categories of the Quick Ship program for enclosures: (1) Quick Ship Expedite Program, (2) Split Order Quick Ship Program.
Quick Ship Expedite
For only $100, you can submit your Quick Ship Expedite Order for in-stock, unassembled products before 2:00p.m. EST. If it’s eligible, it will ship within 24 hours. The Quick Ship Program is valid on orders up to $2,500.
Split Order Quick Ship
The Split Order Quick Ship was developed in response to customer demand. Previously, on orders of $7,500 or more, you had to wait until all material was manufactured for the order to ship complete, regardless of what was in stock.
Now, when you place orders of $7,500 or more of product, we will ship what is available at the time of the P.O., for a $100 fee. We will send a second shipment when the balance of the order is manufactured, for a total of two shipments.
Hubbell will pay the freight on the largest shipment, and the customer will only be responsible for the freight on the smaller of the two shipments. The Split Order Quick Ship is a bit different from the Quick Ship Expedite because the orders still ship according to our normal routing schedule.
Grounding equipment is critical for linemen’s safety. Through the convenience of HPS’ Quick Ship program, utilities can select ground set orders to be assembled and shipped within 3-5 days of order entry. To build ground sets that qualify for the Quick Ship program, the customer or distributor should use the online ground set configurator. Each component selected in the configurator must be designated as a “Quick Ship” product in order for the completed grounding set to qualify for the Quick Ship program.
- The program is available to US and Canada customers only and all Quick Ship ground sets will be packaged one unit per box. Orders must be placed through a Hubbell distributor or key account; please contact your local distributor to place an order.
- Orders for Quick Ship ground sets must be on a separate P.O. with no more than 10 sets in any SKU. More than one quick ship SKU may be on the order. Orders with more than 10 pieces of any SKU will not qualify for a quick ship order.
- If a customer places a Quick Ship SKU with other non-qualifying quick ship items, the sets will be considered standard build and be subject to standard lead times.
- All Quick Ship orders will be shipped UPS. The customer will have the choice of ground, 2-day, or overnight shipments and will be charged for the UPS freight charges.
- Quick Ship orders may be drop shipped directly to end users customers. A 10% net order drop ship charge will be added per the Hubbell drop ship policy.
- The 3-5 day shipping window starts when we receive the order and not when a distributor receives an order.
I wanted to thank you and your team for helping me out of a jam. By utilizing the Quick Ship program, Hubbell was able to manufacture and ship 18 bronze connectors in two days. Wow! I was happy with the five days quoted originally, but the service from you and your team was outstanding. Your team provided daily updates along with tracking information when the material was shipped.
I would recommend utilizing the Quick Ship program to anyone. Not only did you save (our) substation work from coming to a screeching halt, you saved me thousands from what other manufacturers promised to do in a five day period.
Brad Tooley, COO
Electric Supply Corporation